Ready to cut your long hair and are thinking about a shoulder-length cut? Medium length hair is the perfect choice for those who want to trim their tresses a bit without going super short.
Another plus with shoulder length hair is that you can still pull it back in a shooter upshoulder-length. As well, you can add color and layers to your mid-length cut to add more texture and depth. Here are some other reasons you should consider shoulder-length hairstyles:
- Shoulder length styles are better for hot summer days.
- You won’t have to wash your hair as often.
- It will dry quicker.
- Mid length cuts are very trendy right now, especially with the hottest celebrities.
- A shoulder-length cut is a great way to help boost regrowth and get rid of dead ends.
- No dead ends mean fewer tangles.
- Shoulder length cuts look super cute with hats and headscarves.
- Medium length hairstyles can help add volume to thin hair and help add bounce back to thicker hair.
- You will have plenty of styling options as shoulder-length cuts are great for half updo styles.
- You can experiment with color options such as balayage and ombre ones for a bold new-look.
See what we mean? Medium length cuts are the best if you want to go just a bit shorter! Still, on the fence? Check out these trendy looks for shoulder length hair!
Popular Styles for Shoulder Length Hair
- Sleek and Straight Shoulder Length Bob
For those with straight hair who want to opt for a shorter style without going dramatically shorter, this shoulder length bob is the perfect compromise. You will have plenty of length to pull your sides back into a braided updo or half updo. As well, the blonde and brown balayage hues give this sleek cut a ton of texture.
To style, apply a straightening serum and blow dry straight with a round brush. THen apply a shine serum and follow up with a flat iron for a straight polished finish.
- Wavy A-Line Pink and Purple Bob with Trendy Top Knot
For those with curly locks or wavy tresses, this choppy A-line bob is a really cute style. And if you want a fun pop of color, try this lavender and cotton candy pink ombre fade. The colors are soft and not too over the top if you want a look that’s feminine and chic. The shorter back layers that slowly fades into long wavy locks as it frames your face is soft and romantic.
To style, apply a curling product and either dry with a diffuser on low setting or allow to air dry. Then tousle it gently with your fingers for sexy, beachy waves. Next, make a cute top knot on at the back of your head using the sides of your hair for a look that’s hip and girly!
Think you are ready to sport one of these adorable and stylish styles for shoulder length hair? Give your hair a much-needed upgrade with one of these hip new looks!